Great opportunity for an experienced HCPC Registered Prosthetist – Spring 2022
Pace Rehabilitation Ltd is pleased to offer an upcoming new opportunity for an experienced Prosthetist to join its multi-disciplinary team of technical, medical, prosthetic and therapy staff at the Amersham clinic in Buckinghamshire in the spring of 2022.
Pace Rehabilitation, an independent multi-disciplinary provider of rehabilitation services related to mobility, operates two clinics in the UK. Most patients have suffered limb loss. The company has grown steadily since it was established in 2003. Our southern clinic was relocated in January 2019 to Amersham to offer opportunity for continuing this growth.
The successful candidate’s caseload will consist mainly of trauma cases, many with complex presentations. Pace Rehabilitation operates outside the NHS prosthetic contracting system, accessing independent funding for our patients. Clinical need rather than a restricted budget steers our practice. Our scope is to restore an individual as far as is possible to their pre-amputation status, a challenging but rewarding brief for any ambitious clinician. This position is a rare opportunity to work with and learn from other experts in the field in a close-knit multidisciplinary environment.
Pace Rehabilitation are looking for an enthusiastic professional, with excellent clinical reasoning, verbal, and written communication skills. We need someone who is driven, conscientious, caring and accountable. This person needs to be a good team player with the ability to take responsibility and to work independently. They must have an interest and ability to develop their clinical skills and to pursue optimised solutions as well as a curious mind, embracing current & future technology.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Clinical prosthetic responsibility within the multi-disciplinary team, including prescription, provision & follow up
- Technical assistance during the manufacture of upper & lower extremity prostheses, within the onsite workshop, working closely with the technical team
- Clinical and technical administration, including IT based clinical note keeping and completion of device history documentation
- Provision of MDT clinical assessments (training provided)
- Liaison with referrers & external clinicians
- To contribute to the growth of the company, reporting on key performance indicators
- Full time position. Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Current HCPC registration essential, BAPO and ISPO membership preferred
A competitive salary negotiable on experience is offered. 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays. An Employee Assistance Program is in place as well as a contributory pension scheme.
To apply, please email your CV to Ankita Mistry on email@example.com.
To arrange an informal discussion, or if you would like more information, please email: Ankita Mistry firstname.lastname@example.org or Jamie Gillespie email@example.com