Pace is proud to launch its Amputee Photo Competition 2018 – Win an iPad!!!
We are looking for individuals to enter images that positively depict living life with limb loss.
Entries can be in any setting, such as everyday living; work; holiday; recreation; leisure; or sport, reflecting active use (ideally the prosthesis(es) should be visible).
To promote and inspire, some of the entries will be displayed on our walls and used in future Pace media campaigns.
The entry that is judged by the panel to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory will win an Apple 9.7″ 32GB iPad!
The competition is open to any individual with limb loss and is not restricted to Pace patients.
The judging panel will consist of bilateral leg amputee and professional photographer Phil Coburn and two representatives of Pace Rehabilitation.
Entry is open now (to UK residents) and closes on 28th February 2018.
Terms & Conditions
1. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entries should be submitted to email@example.com directly by email (titled “Pace Amputee Photo Competition Entry”), or via transfer software (e.g. wetransfer.com) to the same email address.
3. The image file must be between 1MB and 10MB. Entrants must include their name, email address and telephone number. There is no limit to the number of entries per person, however we regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
4. All entries must be received by 23:59, 28th February 2018.
5. All images submitted must not have been published elsewhere, nor have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that the image does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that they own the copyright for the photograph.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Pace Rehabilitation to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material without any remuneration being due.
7. The winner will be notified within 14 days of the closing date of the competition and announced.
Winner, winner! – Congratulations to competition winner Helen Dolphin!
Of the 148 entries received, the judging panel (headed by professional photographer Phil Coburn) selected quadruple amputee Helen’s lovely image.
A delighted Helen said, “Thank you for the brilliant news. I just wanted to demonstrate how important prosthetics are to maintain a normal life, like feeding your child.”
Congratulations also to runners up Matt Howes & Lauren Smith for their wonderful images.