We're looking for a Prosthetic Technician Apprentice to join our team in Amersham!
We are pleased to announce two exciting new opportunity for Prosthetic Technician Apprentice to join our team in Amersham.
The roles involve working in a busy workshop, manufacturing prosthetic and orthotic devices.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to communicate effectively, enjoy developing hand skills, be driven, confident and caring to supplement our clinical and technical teams.
Pace Rehabilitation is a leading independent provider of multidisciplinary rehabilitation services related to mobility. Many of our patients have suffered limb loss.
Our clinics in the UK have grown steadily since the company was established in 2003. Our new team member will be committed to produce high-quality devices that will make a substantial difference to our patients’ quality of life.
Essential job functions:
- To train as a prosthetic manufacturing Technician, undertaking a training program of academic study and workshop practical work.
- Observing and learning a wide range of manufacturing skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff. This includes processes such as:
- Vacuum forming of thermoplastics
- Composite lamination
- Assembly of modular components
- Production of cosmetic covers
- Programming of microprocessor-controlled components
- Safe use of a variety of hand tools and machines
- To develop workshop administration skills. This includes completion of job charts ensuring traceability of all critical components together with associated stock control procedures.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- You will be expected to complete a Level 3 Prosthetic/Orthotic Technician Apprenticeship programme starting in May 2022 through blended learning; combining face to face and online learning along with on-the-job training. The course usually runs over 18 months.
- 5 GSCE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C or 4-9, to include Mathematics and English.
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- To learn how to use and maintain workshop equipment.
- To maintain a learning portfolio over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording jobs completed and skills learnt.
- To learn how to maintain good housekeeping within a workshop environment.
- To maintain smart appearance, act in a professional manner and work as part of a team at all times.
- To learn how to work to a Quality Management System ISO13845 for Medical Devices.
- To perform any other duties appropriate to the post holder.
To apply, please email your CV to Ankita Mistry: email@example.com If you have any queries regarding this role, please call on 01494 790490.
Closing date for applications: 30th March 2022.
Salary in line with UK Government Apprenticeship wage rates and is based on age and time on program.