Pace Rehabilitation Ltd is an independent multidisciplinary provider of rehabilitation services related to mobility. We have two clinics in the UK, and have grown steadily since the company was established in 2003.
We operate outside the regular NHS contracting system. Our caseload consists mostly of patients who have suffered trauma related amputations, sometimes with complex presentations.
Treatment is often insurance funded and our remit is to restore individuals as far as is possible to where they were before the accident. Consequently we often work with sophisticated components and regularly provide innovative bespoke special purpose prostheses for work and leisure.
We are proud to have support 9 individual athletes attending the Paralympic Games in Rio 2016, bringing home 3 Gold and 3 Silver Medals between them. Attention to detail and working closely with these athletes, plus others who we support, allows for outstanding performances.
We now need to recruit another prosthetic technician, to be based at our clinic in Chesham (Buckinghamshire). Together with clinical staff, our new team member will be responsible for producing excellent equipment that makes substantial differences to our patients’ quality of life.
The person we are looking for is an enthusiastic individual, someone who is self-motivated and conscientious, with manufacturing flair and an eye for detail. This person needs to be a good team player with the ability to take responsibility and to work independently. They must have an interest and ability to develop their technical skills, embracing current & future technology. IS THIS YOU?!
Essential job functions:
· All aspects of prosthetic manufacture including plasterwork, lamination and vacuum forming of sockets, assembly of modular components, production of cosmetic covers and programming of microprocessor controlled components
· Administration of job charts and other device history records, ensuring traceability of all critical components together with associated stock control procedures
· Liaison with clinical and technical colleagues across all sites to facilitate best use of resources and expertise
Knowledge and skills required:
· Experience from prosthetic or orthotic manufacture
· A good team player with ability to take responsibility and work independently
· Interest and ability to develop your own working environment
· Good personable skills allowing clinical interaction with clients
· Enthusiasm to embrace current and future technology and bespoke designs to meet our clients’ needs
· Basic IT skills
· Upper extremity experience is welcome but not essential
This position is a rare opportunity to work in an unusual setting without the restrictions so often imposed on prosthetic and orthotic services. With the opportunity follows personal responsibility to consistently produce devices of the highest possible standard, sometimes to challenging specifications.
Remuneration will be negotiated based on experience.
Interested applicants should e-mail Scott Richardson at email@example.com, including your CV.